Das Ende des Tahra Labels

• Bereits im Mai dieses Jahres hat Myriam Scherchen auf der website des Speziallabels für historische Aufnahmen (Scherchen, Abendroth, Furtwängler usw) folgendes verlautbaren lassen:

"It is with great sadness that I must announce the unexpected and sudden death of my partner in life René Trémine, who was the creator and co-founder of Tahra. René Trémine was a born music lover, and this love came initially from listening to the organ. He then trained himself by tirelessly listening to music, exerting his immense appetite for reading and never ending research work that endured throughout his life. He was one of the earliest active members of the French Furtwängler Society, for which he made a richly illustrated monograph on Furtwängler’s activity in France. Tahra was born in 1993; and step by step, it came to be known for its historic recordings dedicated to conductors and other performers who had been slightly ignored by the great labels, like Hermann Scherchen, Hermann Abendroth and many others. We did have some difficult moments, but also moments of sheer joy, and our work was appreciated. We still have many projects, but a few months ago we had prepared a possible last Tahra CD in which we wanted to tell our story. I have programmed this CD as a last homage to René and want to thank all those men and women who have so generously helped and sustained us through these years. René will continue to live through the Tahra CDs and his research work. Tahra’s last CD, Tahra Story Tah 768, will come out in April. The booklet tells our lovely story, and the CD itself is dedicated to our very first conductors: Hermann Scherchen, Hermann Abendroth and Wilhelm Furtwängler. However, after a big amount of heart-searching I am convinced that it would be an insult to the memory of René to put an abrupt end to Tahra. While I don’t envisage continuing the CD production as such, I will do my utmost to keep available the existing CDs (among which some of the very earliest Tahra productions and a few rare incunabula) and especially to make available and readable the results of all the research work done during these 23 years of work. I’ll get back to you as soon as things will be clearer. Thank you for your attention. Myriam Scherchen"

Die CDs wird es also wohl noch eine Weile geben, neue hinzukommen werden nicht mehr.

• Sehr schade, lieber Lutz! Vom Thara-Label habe ich zwei CDs mit ABM-Mitschnitten - darunter das Ravel-Konzert G-Dur mit Igor Markewitsch.

Schöne Grüße
    Holger